2365 evening course advice | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 2365 evening course advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently doing level 2 2365 course 1 evening a week and I'm 8 months in and only have the practical (204) left to do. OK, so up until now we haven't touched anything practical, its all been theory based and a case of being handed a PowerPoint handout and sent on your way and doing it at home which is fine i get there needs to be alot of work done outside of college. Started the practical stuff a couple of weeks ago and I'm getting no guidance at all, just feel a bit overwhelmed and stressed out i haven't been shown how to do anything. What are peoples experience with these courses does this sound normal?

Solution
L
It doesn't seem right to me. Maybe someone on here with more recent training experience could advise.
Who is the course with?
This forum is full of threads from disgruntled people who have unfortunately chosen the wrong training provider, some of which appear to be scams.
I would think that during the last 8 months there should have been regular practical training alongside the book learning.

Upvote 0
Hi, its with a local training centre in Norfolk, I wont name them but like I said for the past 8 months we have just done the theory units with no practical experiences at all. Maybe I'm being to critical and should be able to 'get it' but how is a complete beginner supposed to know how to wire up circuits without being shown how to do so beforehand? I'm just unsure as to what to do. I'm paying alot of money and don't feel I'm getting really anything for it.

Upvote 0
It doesn't seem right to me. Maybe someone on here with more recent training experience could advise.
I don't think its right either but going into this I didn't know what to expect. I'm now thinking I would have been better off with an apprenticeship, I'm just feeling really stressed out by it all.

Upvote 0

Reply to 2365 evening course advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net