2391 Required for Electrical Condition Reports (P.I.R's)??? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 2391 Required for Electrical Condition Reports (P.I.R's)??? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi,

Just been looking at Elecsa's website for possible registration. I noticed they require the 2391 for you do be able to do electrical condition reports.

Is this the case with all the other bodies too???

Cheers

You need 2391 to get on the approved contracter list (similar to nic)

However they can't stop you and will not stop you from doing eicr's

While on the subject of Eicrs & 2391 do you not also need professional indemnity insurance in case you miss something & there,s a claim.

At one extreme, if my nan wished to, she could 'do' a PIR without a 2391, registration with any body, or a posh form or insurance.

There is no law or rule just lots of people trying to screw money out of you.

Silly example I know but i thought it might add perspective

Try the Electricity at Work Regs, Spartykus

"Trade direct" throw in a small amount of Professional Indemnity for free with their Public Liability, with the option of increasing it for a fee. They are very reasonable in my eyes, as well as being very friendly.

If you are an Elecsa member, you can print off their Logo'd EICR forms for free. No need for 2391

no-one needs any qualifications of any kind to do any sort of electrical work under the EAWR and BS7671 you just need to be deemed as competent. what, however, the scams want from you in order to be able to hand them your hard earned, is another matter

Im sure NIC do some course of their own on PIR/EICR that allow automatic update on your membership to include reports ! is this deemed in court as comp ? if like me you only do the odd EICR then its not worth the extra cost to the scheme provider i still do them and if all went bad i have pro indem insur and if you also show the 2391 in court id say thats enough ! i have my own certs with my NIC reg details on and reports as you are allowed to use it if your reg with them or any other scheme provider your with as part of your membership and never had a prob with landlords or insurance companies ! if on the other hand you do lots of reports and looking for more work mabe it might be worth investing in the add on scheme assessment, I will have to read the small print on the pro indem insur pol and see if the requirments are to be reg for reports by NIC etc The way all this scheme stuff is going id say stick with just installs and if you need extra money do a plastering course or plumbing course etc

Just to add, I am having to upgrade to full approved contractor from registration because the NIC do not have the bolt on for EICR like they used to. I too thought you need your 2391 but on the the NIC form under qulifications It does not state you have to have it, it does say below in the small print that you just need to show COMPETANCE and be fully verse in electrical matters or something along those lines!

no-one needs any qualifications of any kind to do any sort of electrical work under the EAWR and BS7671 you just need to be deemed as competent. what, however, the scams want from you in order to be able to hand them your hard earned, is another matter

The EWAR does not state 'qualifications' but uses the words 'technical knowledge' which would suggest qualifications but this is were the legal guys come in

Reply to 2391 Required for Electrical Condition Reports (P.I.R's)??? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net