3 PIN AC Pressure switch | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 PIN AC Pressure switch in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have an AC system that is not working. All fuses and relays tested successfully. Blower comes on, but blows hot. System is completely empty and I was told compressor is dead and needs replacing. Clutch was not engaging. I removed compressor and bench tested it by running 12V to it directly from a battery to the 2 wire connector and the clutch would engage no problems. So I thought low pressure switch. It tests OK resistance wise ...well below 1ohm. So I then stated to thinkI have a shorted wire in the 3 pin switch that connects to the low pressure switch. I believe you can jump it. I have 5v going to the orange wire. White is ground and purple appears to be the signal wire. With car running and AC on I used a small battery that gives 3.3V and put - side to ground and + side to the signal wire. But the AC clutch still does not engage. I am not sure where to go from here. I assumed that would jump the switch and trick it into thinking there was ample pressure and engage the clutch. I do not have a wiring diagram and can only get a continuity test successful on the 5V+ wire. Any advice?

Reply to 3 PIN AC Pressure switch in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thanks for the advice! I'll let you know if I ever manage to solve it.
Replies
Views
Mileage: 112223 - DTCs - P0480 cooling fan. Also codes in TIPM P0691, P0692 for cooling fan control circuit. Tests/Procedures Performed: 1...
Replies
Views
When I was on the electric board We had a pair of pillocks connect a housing estate to a very large genset, the n lead was in two parts and not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Has anyone taken apart their & self repaired it? 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT - Mileage: 112223 - DTCs - P0480 cooling fan. Also codes in TIPM...
Replies
Views
Just doing some thread admin :)
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks