4kw pv kit, which one | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss 4kw pv kit, which one in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Recommend SMA3600tl, with the Hyundai 250 perfect match according to sunny design ! I would alway recommend SMA as the future gadgets SMA are bringing out would help control the energy use in your house. It's not all about how much you generate it's how you use it intelligently. although you could get a SMA when you need to replace the inverter

Hyundais it is, they are a good panel and will be around, as for the other make ???.
Before you pay any money go around and see both suppliers and see their stock.
Talk is cheap.

Don't worry too much about G83 in Preston. The system size you're suggesting is fine with Electricity North West they are spot on to work with. Your installers will already know this.

Yes they ve fitted 12 x 4kw kits and have it in writing that its ok to fit 16 x 250s, I asked that question earlier! They said the electric board were ok with it round here. Thanks for all the help. Just hope they ll come end of Feb for quick fit before the 3rd as promised! Do the suppliers often cock up andlet people down with supply in this industry.... Also what about the paperwork side, if they, or you make a mistake is that game over in the timescale, I read that someone travelled to Manchester british gas and got paperwork ticked off while they waited? Im with Eon

Why don't you try MEP for a try - he's local to you ....

Stock - horrendous and getting worse by the day. You might not have a choice if you wait too long so your original query might be irrelevant :-(

You can register your FIT with any provider, you do not have to use EON, if you have one local to where you live, you can use them if you choose and they are willing to except you.
I hope this helps.

I read that someone travelled to Manchester british gas and got paperwork ticked off while they waited? Im with Eon

That was me. I'm fortunate enough to only live 20 mins away.
I had their terms and conditions emailed to me by the time I got home which have now been signed and posted back. Eligibility date is confirmed now as yesterday so for me, this was a huge success and a worry off my mind. I'd have travelled 600 miles if I knew the outcome would have been like this.

Run through PV Sol -

Hyundai and Diehl = 3295Kwh per Annum
Renesola and SMA4000 = 3527 Kwh per Annum.

232kwh x 21p = £49 per year extra from the lower priced system.

Location Preston, south facing, 30d tilt.

Last edited:
Wow thats clever, has it proved to be accurate, so at 43p (fingers x'd) itd be £90 a year more for 25 yrs plus their kit is £800 cheaper aswell...... mmm ha decided hyundai....mmmm

No sorry but the panels are mono 250 hyun or 240 rene poly , Youd buy renesola then ? Just lots talk about the quality of hyundai and 10 yr warranty, not worth it you think

well, 800 in your pocket better off, and possible £90 per year more in FiT - i would bank on 21p though (£49) at the end of the day its the generation that counts and of course the products, but you cant ignore the figures speak.

In the OP you asked which one, and this is the only way to prove it.

if they cant get a dhiel they said theyd put an sma or fronius? instead, when you do those calcs does it all depend on which inverter etc... its amazing that.

Reply to 4kw pv kit, which one in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Recommended Sponsor News

Exclusive Forum Offer! Free euro 2024 wall chart for first 10 responses!

Hi everyone,

We have 10 exclusive Uheat EURO 2024 Wallcharts to giveaway for Electricians Forum Members! The first 10 people to reply YES to this thread - I will message and get them sent out to you just in time for this years tournament! GO GO GO

Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

I hope you will all join me in welcoming our newest sponsor to the forum PCBWay! You can contact their friendly people by sending a message to @PCBWay who will be happy to answer your queries.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your sponsorship!

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

PCBWay provides services including PCB Prototype and batch Production, PCB Assembly (SMT), 3D Printing, CNC Machining, PCB Design, Electronics Modules Selling, etc. We are committed to meeting the needs of global makers from different industries in terms of quality, delivery, cost-effectiveness, and any other demanding requests in electronics.

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back