600 watt discharge lighting and contactors | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 600 watt discharge lighting and contactors in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shane

HELLO This is my first post on here and i have a daft question .I have a125amp 3 phase 4 wire 415v/50hz supply from a diesel gennerator 105kva.the customer wants 12- 600watt discharge lights installing with a timer to do the switching,i've done all the cable, powerfactor and discrimination calcs and i have desided to wire them in 2.5mm2 swa to an adaptable box then from the box to the lights in 1.5mm2 not swa,,in 3 rows of 4 using and a bank of 3-2 module contactors ct no(2 POLE 230V) and a timer to do switching.i have 3- 2 module merlin gerin ct no 20 amp in the van here and now,
can i mount them straight in the 3 phase distribution board or should i get a modular enclosure and feed them from a 3 phase type c breaker in the distribution board.
any advice and comments please are welcomed.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
600w discharge lighting :S:S seen 400w n 1000w not seen 600w that aside Personaly id split the 12 across the 3 phases and wire using 6mm swa to box then 2.5mm to the fitting

yeh i was gonna split over 3 phases mate .. i'm in middle of nowhere and this guys wanta them doing asap, thats only kit i have in van. i did the calcs quick and came to 23 amps over 3 phases thats why i thought 2.5mm2... cheers any way

Reply to 600 watt discharge lighting and contactors in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
If it is unused it could be capped close to ground and covered with insulation at the main building. I.e. Opposite to first thought of bonding at...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would have to say that the black wire is for the light and the red wire is for the fan
Replies
Views
  • Question
I assumed this but as the load is not apparent I cannot make the best guess to it even do you mean the 0.86 multiplier after i search ill pick...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for your time, help & patience. Looks like I will be on the search for another electrician to put all these issues right which will...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, but I did spend 40 minutes on the phone to the insurance scam she pays into on her behalf, and drive her frozen food to a friends house for...
    • Winner
    • Informative
2 3
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks