9DIY spa panel connection question | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 9DIY spa panel connection question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I’m running a feeder from main panel into spa panel that I’ll mount on exterior wall of house , will run through basement ceiling. Im thinking to run Romex/NB wire from main panel until spa panel but when I exit from basement it will be too low to mount the spa panel and I will need to add small amount of conduit to raise the hight maybe 1-2 feet vertical run.

1) Thinking to exit using 6/3 Romex/NB wire from house into 1” conduit body and 1” conduit pipe to go into the bottom of the spa panel. Is this allowed? Spa needs 50amp breaker.

2) If #1 not allowed could I splice in a junction box into THHN/THWN and would this junction box need to be inside or outside?

3) If #1 or #2 not allowed that would just leave me to run THHN/THWN wire on the entire run from the main panel.

In either case after breaker from spa GFCI to use THHN/THWN into the spa inside flexible PVC non metalix UL liquid tight conduit (will also use insulated ground from spa breaker into spa as well).

Reply to 9DIY spa panel connection question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
You'd end up buying a 100 amp panel anyways, because the scale they're manufactured end up cheaper than non-typical equipment, and often come with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As long as the existing wiring is approved for outdoor use and everything is working as planned then there is no need to replace the wiring.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good luck with your project and I’m starting in 2 weeks to install the same thing as you.
Replies
Views
  • Question
There is nothing inherently wrong with this part of the layout. There is another option that you may want to consider. Those supply conductors...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks