a 3 core from an intermediate position to get another switch (madness?) | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss a 3 core from an intermediate position to get another switch (madness?) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
In a moment of insanity my tiny pea sized brain has malfunctioned and told me that it was a good decision to run a 3 core from an intermediate position to get another switch 🫣
I'm now at second fix (wondering what the F I was thinking), is there any way to get over this?
Place is now boarded, plastered and decorated with no way of running new cables.
TIA

Changed the thread title to "a 3 core from an intermediate position to get another switch (madness?) as itll get more attention matey. Thanks for posting.

Where does the 3 core run to? Another switch, or a central joint box?

Might be easier to change another of the switches to intermediate??
What wires have you got at all the switch positions?

Could try a smart switch solution, or suck it up and admit the mistake.

You need 4 cores for an intermediate, and using a cpc is out of the question.

Where does the 3 core run to? Another switch, or a central joint box?

Might be easier to change another of the switches to intermediate??
What wires have you got at all the switch positions?

Could try a smart switch solution, or suck it up and admit the mistake.

You need 4 cores for an intermediate, and using a cpc is out of the question.
It's a t off an intermediate position, so 2 3cores for the inter and a 3 core going out to another switch position

How has this been wired, do you have the supply at one two way and the cable to the light at the other two way with cables from the intermediate to each two way. If so it can be done using the method employed for conduit systems.
[ElectriciansForums.net] a 3 core from an intermediate position to get another switch (madness?)

Reply to a 3 core from an intermediate position to get another switch (madness?) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net