A beast! | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss A beast! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I can't believe anyone uses corded these days, unless your using it for days worth of chasing in one spot.

All you braggers, with yer expensive cordless toys !!!! (don't bite just teasing)

Pennywise - why not, it cost a 1/4 probably weighs less and packs a bigger punch. Yes I know there's a cable so what!

Obviously no good when no power but .... never happened yet. If I'm rewiring then there's always power.

I'm normally drilling concrete slabs up 3 lifts of scaffold and normally in places with no power, wilth no chance of rigging up a temp for the lead. I don't have to worry about maintaining a lead and getting it destroyed by other trades or shocks. Lith battery drills are almost the same weight as a 2kg corded and with the Amp hour ratings of the batteries going up all the time the run times are getting to the point where a charge a day is on the horizon :). The cost of the drill is outweighed by the overall cost of productivity saving and I can run the cost through the business so less cooperation tax ;)

I'm normally drilling concrete slabs up 3 lifts of scaffold and normally in places with no power, wilth no chance of rigging up a temp for the lead. I don't have to worry about maintaining a lead and getting it destroyed by other trades or shocks. Lith battery drills are almost the same weight as a 2kg corded and with the Amp hour ratings of the batteries going up all the time the run times are getting to the point where a charge a day is on the horizon :). The cost of the drill is outweighed by the overall cost of productivity saving and I can run the cost through the business so less cooperation tax ;)

You have to pay tax on cooperating? ;)

good points!

I have had the OP one for approx 4 years.. cracking drill, batts still hold a charge well. Only gripe is the weight of the bugler.... sometimes struggle to hold and position it one-handed if I need to.

The 2.6Ah batts and the quick change chuck are a must!

Enjoy, and dont forget to register your warranty....

I'd of gone for the Milwaukee equivalent, i'm a true convert to Milwaukee after seeing how they have performed over the last 3 or 4 projects But probably would have cost you a bit more than the Bosch. But the batteries will outlast the Bosch units that's for sure.... lol!!

I'd of gone for the Milwaukee equivalent, i'm a true convert to Milwaukee after seeing how they have performed over the last 3 or 4 projects But probably would have cost you a bit more than the Bosch. But the batteries will outlast the Bosch units that's for sure.... lol!!

I had the Milwaukee drill set combo drill and impactor, although power full, I found the battery's didn't last long and if I was drilling upwards the battery's would slide back just enough to disconnect and keep cutting out, my dewalt Xr are great though. Sort of lost my enthusiasm with Milwaukee now

18v milwaukee sds this direction . Wouldn't dream of dragging leads about but then again I'm never on big site.. Facility maintenance .

The battery's don't last if drilling 22mm holes but that's why they give you 2 and I never drill that many in a day.. So suits me. Good thump for 18 v

Reply to A beast! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net