A day in the life of.... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss A day in the life of.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Today
leave house 0700 pick up materials from edys
arrive at 1 st job at 0800 investigate light not working( light is working ambient light keeping it from coming on), move 2 lights to enable wall to be built. 10.00

next job 45 miles away site survey for new project to start soon ie check size of incomer ceiling height fire alarm system type intruder type site temp requirements 11.00-1300

next job 30 miles investigate poor detection on occupancy detector covering stairwell,
wire and fit extra detector ( cp electronics) 1400-1600

arrive home 1700

who said life wasn't glamourous

Don't really get the point of this thread but i've played twister with lepers,so...Up 7.30,whip/cajole children into education establishment,order parts for various jobs,go fit earth rod at friends farm (5/8s,coupled,THREE of them all down,E54 would approve),back home fit 4 windows and flatten thumb with hammer,inspect mates outboard engine,pierce thumb nail with hot needle and make missus gipp,tea in the garden.......you all asleep yet? :joker:

Don't really get the point of this thread but i've played twister with lepers,so...Up 7.30,whip/cajole children into education establishment,order parts for various jobs,go fit earth rod at friends farm (5/8s,coupled,THREE of them all down,E54 would approve),back home fit 4 windows and flatten thumb with hammer,inspect mates outboard engine,pierce thumb nail with hot needle and make missus gipp,tea in the garden.......you all asleep yet? :joker:
what you lookin for.....a prize?....lol...

I suppose you have a van and get the money for diesal etc, well im in my car and drove like this for nothing, never again.

Now i work for a gentleman and a scholler and get some money for using my car for milage.

Engineering maintenance planning is hard work!

Slightly off topic I know but, how did you go down the "maintenance route"? Did you do the 2330 (236 1 & 2), then complete the maintenance units, or, did you do the "electrical maintenance" course...out right??? I only ask because when I did the 2330, the tutor said we would cover some of the maintenance units (motors, PF corrections etc) but would need to go down a different route to become qualified as a maintenance spark!!! I ask this because I would really like to consider this as my next career move. Now, Im not saying its that easy.....but I am willing to take the nessacery steps to achieve my goal!

Slightly off topic I know but, how did you go down the "maintenance route"? Did you do the 2330 (236 1 & 2), then complete the maintenance units, or, did you do the "electrical maintenance" course...out right??? I only ask because when I did the 2330, the tutor said we would cover some of the maintenance units (motors, PF corrections etc) but would need to go down a different route to become qualified as a maintenance spark!!! I ask this because I would really like to consider this as my next career move. Now, Im not saying its that easy.....but I am willing to take the nessacery steps to achieve my goal!

Check you're PM box

Reply to A day in the life of.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks