A reminder about cable ties.... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss A reminder about cable ties.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
V.Nearly Esteemed
Reaction score
This was just posted by a friend of mine on FB who's an AV tech in the middle east..... Please, it really does just take a second to think about what we trash.

[ElectriciansForums.net] A reminder about cable ties....

Very sad.

I must admit I always cut up the plastic fastening pieces that 4-packs of beer come held together with. Mind you, a lot of the manufacturers seem to be getting rid of them now I've noticed.

You remember back in the 80s when the plastic webbing from 6 packs of beer caused this sort of issue with wildlife?

I take a knife or scissors to anything, recylable or not, that could present a hazard to creatures and reckon facemasks will soon join the list of man made, animal killing junk.

Edit: Beaten by seconds to that piece of 80s triva ?

But not yet widely reported.

Give it a while and there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth as it becomes the latest (soon to be forgotten) cause - probably by many of the same people who think nothing of throwing their bag of KFC or McDonalds rubbish out on rural roads.
There's been a few petitions about putting car reg's onto the drive-through cartons, but it's not going to achieve anything.

There's been a few petitions about putting car reg's onto the drive-through cartons, but it's not going to achieve anything.

It's a good idea, but unless you printed it all over the whole lot, then they would just tear that bit off.

I hate people who drop rubbish and same with flytippers. Utter scrotes.

I detest litter with a passion. Bad enough in cities, where people are conditioned to having expensive clean up operations that saves them the bother of using bins, but in rural areas it is wildlife that will be first to inspect litter.

A large part of the problem, certainly in NI, is that many people seem to believe littering is perfectly reasonable behaviour. As it happens, I don't share that view and have no issues with challenging people who do - it's not that I expect any change in their attitude, but hope that embarrassment might encourage them to make the small effort of finding a bin.

Going to stop posting now as blood pressure rises quickly over this issue ?

Plastic cups , plastic straws , plastic cuttelry, plastic zip ties , plastic netting , plastic bags ...are the scourge of the sea

anyone who throws stuff in the sea is a plank

Plastic cups , plastic straws , plastic cuttelry, plastic zip ties , plastic netting , plastic bags ...are the scourge of the sea

anyone who throws stuff in the sea is a plank
There seems to be a theme to your post.

kidding aside. Only one thing can kerb the plastic menace, tax. Tax all plastic within an inch of its life. People don’t like a hit on there wallets, so governments have to be brave and introduce a serious tax. They may be surprised how many votes they actually gain than loose.

I detest litter with a passion. Bad enough in cities, where people are conditioned to having expensive clean up operations that saves them the bother of using bins, but in rural areas it is wildlife that will be first to inspect litter.

A large part of the problem, certainly in NI, is that many people seem to believe littering is perfectly reasonable behaviour. As it happens, I don't share that view and have no issues with challenging people who do - it's not that I expect any change in their attitude, but hope that embarrassment might encourage them to make the small effort of finding a bin.

Going to stop posting now as blood pressure rises quickly over this issue ?
My work (well, when we can get back to it.....) often takes me to places both very foreign and very expensive. A regular mate/colleague was once so incensed at the amount of plastic junk on the local beach that clearly had come from the 5* hotel that we were all staying in that on the last day of us being there he spent his day off cleaning the beach and piled it all high in his room until check-out.

Reply to A reminder about cable ties.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net