Staircase cable run | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Staircase cable run in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

arron9999

DIY
Reaction score
Hi All,
In need of some advice on what is and isn't allowed under regs.

I'm extending a circuit in my house so I can install a socket on the landing. All the ring wires run through the main landing floor but where I want to install has 3 steps going down to it. I can run the wire down the back of the stairs,lifting the boards at the top and lowering it down and it will go and then lifting the board ar the bottom.

My questions, is this allowed being run down the stairs or would I need to find another way? It's hard to find a way as the area is on 2 different levels and the only other thing I can come up with would be to run it through the bedroom and then drill through and then trunk it down the where I want. This would look ugly though and add about 6mts to the cable run.

Open to other suggestions also.

Many thanks
Arron

Reply to Staircase cable run in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net