A solution for eddy currents | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss A solution for eddy currents in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Need to provide a 3 phase supply from an MCCB board to a changeover panel. The MCCB board and changeover panel are side by side connected by 3 x 50mm brass bushes. The brass bushes have around 13inches (In old money) vertical between them.

Now we can only get 2 wires through each hole (120mm single core). Would 1 phase and neutral through one hole and 2 phases through the other hole still present a problem with regards to eddy currants, remembering these are about 13inches apart.

After advice before we start looking at how we can cut a panel out on an energized DB.

Hope thats clear...

I did actually contribute in a positive way right at the start of this thread!!!
The subject then became more in-depth and I considered that the materials online would be more beneficial than asking forum members to spend ages trying to explain something which is explained quite succinctly in various articles. I'm sorry that you found that observation rude Andy, and I will be careful who I try to help in future.

Reply to A solution for eddy currents in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Yes that is correct
Replies
Views
  • Question
word of caution, the federal electric breakers are old bits of kit. I have known them sometimes to refuse to turn back on if they are tripped or...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This charger doesn't support rear entry from the looks, only bottom entry, hence that. Unless they make a white sheathed SWA, I would still need...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not totally clear what cables are accesible in the loft, but ... Can you not just feed a permanent L & N from the switch to each of lights 2 and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Obviously not a building/DIY forum so will keep it short but yes - we've taken all the floors up. Several joists in the bathroom need doing as...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks