Adding socket on to kitchen ring-no rcd | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Adding socket on to kitchen ring-no rcd in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Chris

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was asked today to add 2 extra sockets on to an existing kitchen ring, however the board is an old wylex with the push in MCBs so no rcd protection. To add the extra sockets would it require A board change/rcd isolater?

Thanks

Some manufacturers jumped on the chance to cash in, stating that you must use a non combustible switch fuse ( wylex pushed this notion when the regulation first came out) so installers inevitably believed that it has to be non combustible ( non combustible cabinet ignored for now)

MAKE THE DAM REGULATION CLEAR. o_O
There’s always amendment 1 to look forward to.

When the 18th draft was open for public comment, I made an observation about this particular regulation, highlighting similar comments made here, examples, conflicting guidance etc. I not naïve enough to think the committee would take any notice of me, but there were comments from several others.

Clearly the observations were dismissed. I wonder sometimes, if the committee likes to keep certain things vague, perhaps it would make life too problematic for them.

So if you wanted to fit an rcd before a consumer unit would you take the tails from the cut out into the incoming side of an rcd then take tails from the rcd into the incoming main switch?
NO. you'd fit the RCD after the meter, other wise you'd be stealing leccy.

Reply to Adding socket on to kitchen ring-no rcd in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net