additional protection? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss additional protection? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

iamelectric

doing a job at the moment , steel trunking from db to above a solid ceiling with klik lighting boxes mounted on the trunking , my question is do i need to install rcbos for the circuits as the flex coming from the light fittings to the klik boxes will just be lying above the ceiling with no mechanical protection?

Lol, in regards with it been class one I normally get the lad with me to wander lead r2 all the fittings for 2 reasons, to prove there is a earth at each fitting and to keep him quiet for a while. I record all readings Zs R1+R2 IR with all fittings unplugged from the kliks.

Klicks in, r1 r2 test to furthest fitting, L and N joined toogether at DB and IR test to earth (Line1 and Line 2 if emgy. fittings.
Earth loop test at furthest fitting and polarity test at all others.
Light fittings might be connected by flex but they are still a permanent fixture and as such should be included in testing. This will also show up faulty fittings, ballasts leaking to earth, incorrect (usually all white single) wiring etc.
Testing only to the klick box is doing half a job.

Boydy

thanks for the info jamie , the trunking is 150mm off the ceiling and the flexes will be about 2 metres long , the ceiling is 4 metres from ground , i dont really see how the flexes can be supported from klik box to fitting remembering the fittings may have to be replaced one day if they go faulty

Reply to additional protection? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net