Advice needed - questions before getting new bathroom fitted plumbing advice | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter KamikazeBob
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 109

Discuss Advice needed - questions before getting new bathroom fitted plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Advice needed - questions before getting new bathroom fitted Hi all, hope this is okay to post.

Just over a year ago, I took on my dad's old house, and I want to get the bathroom done up. His ex-wife convinved him to fit a shower cubicle and get rid of the bath, and whoever she got in to do it seemed to be a bit of a cowboy, so it has to go. But I digress...

There's a waste pipe in the corner of the room, which runs all the way down to & through the kitchen. It goes all the way up to the attic/ceiling, but I'm not sure that's really needed now. When we moved into the house ~30 years ago, there was a cold water tank up there and a hot water tank downstairs in a cupboard. Both are long gone, so I'm not sure why this is still there. So question 1 - could this be removed if/when getting the new bathroom put in?

And on the subject of the attic, there's some old pipework up there that I'm not sure is even needed anymore now that the tank is away. If I'm going to get a plumber in as part of the bathroom, I figure I would use the opportunity to get this removed - or at least tidied up - so I can floor the loft for storage and potential solar panels later. I know it's maybe a hard ask online, without physical access, but question 2 - what's the likelihood of these pipes still getting water through?

Any and all help greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Advice needed - questions before getting new bathroom fitted to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Advice needed - questions before getting new bathroom fitted plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net