Advice on trench | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Advice on trench in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

CraigB85

DIY
Reaction score
Hello

Just looking for some advice on a rough cost on having a trench dug for cabling in an ev charger. The run is only around 10 metres long and is a mixture of concrete tarmac and soft ground. From what I've read it should be 600mm and then the ducting in. Most recent quote was over £3000 which is personally think is madness.

I would love to hear your ideas

Based in the Manchester area

Last edited:
Is this just to dig a trench and leave it open and not dispose of any waste?
Or to dig, having checked for no buried services, lay ducting, fill in and make good concrete and tarmac?

And all on your own property?

Reply to Advice on trench in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Replies
Views
  • Question
Something writers of the OSG might also consider advising against 😄
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
  • Question
It does sound like your batteries have lost capacity, which would be the first thing to check. The capacity analysers that use Peukert's exponent...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That’s quite a pull through all that conduit and by code you can’t have more than 360 degrees without a pulling point like an LB or junction box...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a quick question if I may? I'm thinking of adding a second PV system to my existing rooftop PV & battery setup. As the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks