advice wanted please | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss advice wanted please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

debbiedoodar

HI, i hope you wont mind me posting on this forum, im not an electrician just a dizzy blonde looking for some advice.. I have been sent a singing xmas tree from america from a friend. it came with a black transformer type plug. I knew it wouldnt work with our plug sockets as it only has two pins as oposed to our three so i bought a travel adapter thinking this would work WRONG i now know from googling it that i should have used a volatge converter . my question is this.. the tree worked for a few moments then stopped and i could smell a slight smell of burning so i unplugged it immediatly. Does this mean the tree is now broken or would it be the adapter is broken. If i want to get the tree to work in the uk is there some sort of transformer/ voltage adapter i can buy to make the tree work, It says on the american transformwer type plug the following.. CLASS 2 TRANSFORMER, INPUT 120VAC 60HZ 110MA OUITPUT 6VDC 100MA . I hope some one can advise me please.

that one way of heating the pool , alot of the power supplies for exmas light effects are electronic rather than transformers so its probably just the PSu as has been said new PSU with the correct polarity and all could be well the tree may well sing in a higher key , i do when i get a higher voltage than expected

Reply to advice wanted please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net