Advise needed from Irish electricians | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Advise needed from Irish electricians in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have just been told by my darling wife that I am being whisked off to Dublin for a week of R & R , well actually I am to fit the sister-in-laws kitchen. So my question is , what are the regs regarding any electrical work in Ireland, does electrical work in the kitchen need to be notified to building control or the equivalent and are any certs needed or can I carry out the work. Sorry I should add that it has rewirable fuses and no RCD Thanks

You need to comply to the National Rules for Electrical Installations 4th edition amendment 1.

One thing I can remember is that a ring final is not permitted in a kitchen. Don't think work in the Republic of Ireland has to be notified to anyone although you have to be registered and have an installation verifyers number issued by either RECI or ECSSA to test and issue certs.

Reply to Advise needed from Irish electricians in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net