Advise on additional CU for hot tub | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Advise on additional CU for hot tub in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

CCob

Hi,

I am currently getting quotes together from various sparks that are Part P compliant for wiring up a new outdoor CU to power a 43A tub.

For those that are in the know what installation method would be preferred/advised?

a. New SWA cable run from meter around the house to new CU? What size cable 16mm or 25mm?

or

b. Take feed from existing CU MCB to feed secondary CU unit

or

c. Any other options.

Thanks

Quite difficult to trust an opinion if you don't know whether your sparky is trying to "boost holiday funds" or cutting corners by spurring of an existing MCB. But hey ho, thanks for your opinions either way. Appreciate your time.

Hum...... I would ask your friends and neighbours for a sparky they would recommend?

As for spurring off an existing MCB - even you must realise this isn't an option.

Why not post your location and see if anyone on here is close to you. For me I'm always very suspicious of anyone stating UK as their location and asking questions in this way!

Option C - do it properly.

Whatever happens don't fit a CU outdoors unless you are going to spend the money on a properly IP rated board like the ACTI9 IP rated board. Cheap plasticky tat boards are just that!

Reply to Advise on additional CU for hot tub in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net