Air to water heating with solar pack | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Air to water heating with solar pack in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good evening fellow sparks !
Here’s a question for all you guys working with Solar as part of your installation !
I have a pal that’s had one of these all singing and all dancing airsource heating systems fitted complete with solar panels and a 5kw battery storage !
He has an off peak supply that is on cheap rate from 7.30pm until midnight.
When would the best time be to set for battery discharge ?
I thought late afternoon until 7.30pm so that while they are home cooking tea and usage is high ?
But as I have no solar knowledge I’m after your best advise !
Had it been oil I’d be flying but solar I’d be flying without wings lol ! Cheers guys

I would be setting it to charge 7.30 to 12.00 when cheep rate is active and discharge at all other times.
The idea is that during peak times you should import no power from the grid
When the sun is shining and usage is low, it should be topping up the battery during the day

I would be setting it to charge 7.30 to 12.00 when cheep rate is active and discharge at all other times.
The idea is that during peak times you should import no power from the grid
When the sun is shining and usage is low, it should be topping up the battery during the day
Thanks makes sense to me now. We had one of the installers come past and explain everything today and now I can see the woods for the trees ! He explained the system 100x better than my mate did but then he is just a joiner ! Lol
Thanks again

Reply to Air to water heating with solar pack in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back