Currently reading:
aldi tools not working

Discuss aldi tools not working in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
i have a number of tools that have stopped working, usually aldi ones lol, on a sander, i have fault traced the problem with a multi meter to the circuit where the continuity ends, from using a magnifying glass, the problem seems to be a burned out 'diode' maybe, i think lol, not an electrican here, is there anything that can be done with these cheap circuit boards or should i just throw it out?

Take it back to Aldi.

If out of warranty, then I’m afraid it’s wear and tear.
Even top range power tools can be pushed a little too far and burn out…

It’s only “cheap tatt” if it fails on first use, or falls apart even before use.

Most if not all Aldi and Lidl tools come with a 3 year warranty if it is older than that then just buy another when they are on offer

If the tool has a variable speed control then that is possibly the purpose of the PCB and if you don't mind full speed then it may be possible to bypass it

I actually have had a good response from ALDI to power tool returns, as long as you have proof of purchase.
It was through the tool manufacturer in Germany.
ALDI gave me an email for the faulty goods with a form to fill out and sent that with some pictures.
A week later a brand new drill arrived direct from Germany.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to aldi tools not working in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net