Am2 | on ElectriciansForums

Am2

Discuss Am2 in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JCE

I looked last week on line at the minimal information NET give to people taking the test and feel that more information should be given , to give people a fighting chance of passing ( they are going in blind) what do you think .

Not really. The information provided on the day in the folder is ample in my opinion. I had never wired up a traditional heating system before but just followed the diagram, easy peasy. the rest is just as simples, ring final, two way and intermediate lighting, CO2 detector etc. If you don't pass it, then you are not ready for it. It is a TEST OF COMPETENCY. If you are competent then you will deservedly pass.

The biggest shame is the structuring of the NVQ system that allow people to pass and get their gold card without having sat this test which should be compulsory for anyone who wishes to call themselves a spark.

I have mine tomorrow, a little apprehensive but want to just get it done and out the way.

Does anyone know how they expect the motor starter to be tested? (Linked out, L&N joined together? I'm thinking of the coil being damaged)

Reply to Am2 in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Jumping on and off jobs can be tough going when you're less than confident as every time you go back it's like a new job. that you know little...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
Glad to hear you approve @Moley
    • Winner
Replies
Views
Sounds more positive.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Youre in the same boat as me. I was previously with niceic and later on, napit. No issues. I didn't bother finishing my nvq3 as in 2010 during the...
Replies
Views
That is very cool. It would be the end user software that would make that the absolute king.
    • Winner
    • Informative
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks