Ammendment 2 AFDD BS7671 | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Ammendment 2 AFDD BS7671 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
AFDD are manditory from the 28th of March on fixed final circuits using current carrying equipment not exeeding 32a People opinions on this. Also if a house doesn't have an afdd what would you code this as on a condition report ? Basically every Circuit would have to be an rcbo afdd at £130 a breaker that's alot of money per Circuit.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Ammendment 2 AFDD BS7671
    IMG-20220311-WA0009.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 56
I did a pre ammendment webinar with NAPIT, they have seen the final release but were not allowed to show what it was but was told AFDD has been rained back from the public comment version and now will only be required in certain circumstances, so suspect high rise buildings and maybe HMO's etc, might even include wood framed houses...
This would make much more sense , targeted use of AFDDs

AFDD are only required on high risk residential buildings is the last and only update the IET gave ,everyone who has seen the new regs has signed non disclosures , so we wont actually know till the 28th March 2022

Is it that high? I thought it would be a lot lower than that. I'm sure most new builds in our area were brick/block in the 1990s and into the 2000s.
Most of those I have seen are a timber frame, with block (drydashed) and stone block highlights, or brick outers.

My own, built in the 90's is just like this, big on insulation, but all inner side walls are plasterboard on the timber frame which forms the inner course - no double course of block or brick.

Perhaps it's a locality thing, but all those I have seen being built in West lothian and surrounding areas are like this.

I did a pre ammendment webinar with NAPIT, they have seen the final release but were not allowed to show what it was but was told AFDD has been rained back from the public comment version and now will only be required in certain circumstances, so suspect high rise buildings and maybe HMO's etc, might even include wood framed houses...
I was on the phone this morning, Tuesday, and yes advised the same, I do hate it when people post things that arent 100% correct, The dates end of June, with a 4 month grace period anyway. They are talking about a combined Unit RCBO/AFDD 2 pole, but you cant even buy them yet !!

The 'economy' solution will be to cut the number of circuits. One lighting circuit and one RFC with everything else hanging off of it.
Gas hob, oven and shower from the combi boiler. 1 rfc for kitchen 1 for rest of house and we will spur off for the lights with 3 amp fcus. Could get away with a garage board!!

AFDD are manditory from the 28th of March on fixed final circuits using current carrying equipment not exeeding 32a People opinions on this. Also if a house doesn't have an afdd what would you code this as on a condition report ? Basically every Circuit would have to be an rcbo afdd at £130 a breaker that's alot of money per Circuit.
Complete Bullstuff

Reply to Ammendment 2 AFDD BS7671 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back