Another poll! Average age of the person on this site. | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Another poll! Average age of the person on this site. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Which age bracket are you in?

• <20 years

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 20 - 29

• 30 - 39

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • 40 - 49

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • 50 - 59

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • 60 - 69

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • 70 - 79

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • 80+

• Total voters
I remember the power cuts. Having to live by candlelight. Luckily we had a gas cooker and a gas fridge (anyone remember them?) so could still eat.

Ah yes, great music. Do you remember the Wombles?
I saw one of the 'real' wombles on TV.
It was on antiques roadshow.
A lady had brought in the first edition of the first wombles book by Elisabeth Beresford.
The lady was Elizabeth's daughter, who she had based 'bungo' on.
You see... the wombles are real!

Ah yes, great music. Do you remember the Wombles?
I found a Wombles vinyl single in a box the other day. Ironically my teenage daughter is the only one in the house that had the technology to play it.
A few years ago I got all nostalgic and bought the Wombles DVD, and was amused it came in a cardboard 100% recyclable case.
The episode where they adapt a washing line with pulleys and string to automate the newspaper printing deeply fascinated me as a kid and I think was one of the early triggers of my mechanical interests and hobbies.

Lets keep it simple. Anyone can vote! It's just to get an idea of the age of the people on this site, thought it might be a little interesting.

I've always assumed its mainly middle aged with a few retired and a few youngsters, we'll see.

edit.. the damn thing just pressed enter by its self! @westward !!! help!
I need to start again and add more age brackets.

edit 2... @westward last seen 22 minutes ago! 22 minutes, the site could have gone in to melt down! How many people have missed out on the chance to vote on their age!

edit 3... Just realised I can edit the poll :oops:. Have done so. @westward, carry on with your dinner.
I’ll be 67 in December and I’m still working every day. I still have energy even though if had 2 heart bypass surgeries. Great topic, it would be interesting to see how many young bucks are getting the electrical industry.

Reply to Another poll! Average age of the person on this site. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back