Any suggestions please...? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Any suggestions please...? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just after something basic and cheap as poss, not fussed what it looks like as trying to get customer to choose there own.

I need a pendant light that will be suitable for outside conditions, its not going to be directly exposed to the elemnents but under a pitched roof hanging below the ridge - situated within a new open terrace/ canopy sort of area attached to the house.

Any ideas please ?

Thanks Sy

I've never seen pendant fittings IP rated as weather proof. Is the fitting completely sheltered from rain or is there a possibility it might get wet?

Neither have I, tried goolge'ing with no joy.

Way out of the way of the rain, it's under a canopy and up in the pitch. Just no sides on the actual structure.

Was thinking possible frost/ morning dew ? And is an exposed location, up on a cliff next to the sea

Last edited:
You won't get a weatherproof pendant fitting. Suspect the architect has just put that as a generic term on the spec. Plenty of nice stainless steel IP rated fittings on the screwfix site for not much money.
Just fitted one of these and it is fantastic. Good quality and very easy to connect, unlike some of the "2 pairs of hands" fittings.

Edit. Won't let me link the product....

Last edited:

Reply to Any suggestions please...? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Richard, thanks for your comment. The relay is rated 12A peak. It's also worth noting that a relay contact will perform differently depending...
    • Winner
Replies
Views
  • Question
Youre in the same boat as me. I was previously with niceic and later on, napit. No issues. I didn't bother finishing my nvq3 as in 2010 during the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Your electrician can't do it. The dno has to do it, and it will be entirely at your expense. Be careful moving anything as mentioned above older...
Replies
Views
Hi Gavin, a load limiting device (80Amps) covering my whole house might be just what I need, do you have any more details on these devices please?
Replies
Views
  • Question
You should pull the HVACR spec for the building or premises and see if the hood is moving the correct design volume using an anemometer. As a rule...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks