Any thoughts on 2-year-old GE dishwashing machine electrical issues? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Any thoughts on 2-year-old GE dishwashing machine electrical issues? in the USA Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jffy734

DIY
Reaction score
I have a 2-year-old GE dishwasher which several months ago began to not work. It turned on but soon shut off without starting the cleaning process. When this happened I went to the breaker box and flipped the dedicated switch for the dishwasher, waited a few seconds, then flipped it back. After doing this it usually solved the problem but now it doesn’t and even after flipping the breaker box switch the appliance still doesn’t work. Does this sound like more of a problem with the dishwasher or with my home’s electrical system? The home is 27 years old.
Thanks very much in advance for any feedback!

it may be a kink in the water feed or drain hose.

These machines are too clever nowadays, and will shut down/ not work if they dont get the expected water pressure, or are not able to drain the water away sufficiently.

Reply to Any thoughts on 2-year-old GE dishwashing machine electrical issues? in the USA Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As a trainee, one of the things I've tried to focus on to deepen my interest in the world of electrics, is the space for creativity. I've...
Replies
Views
Try disconnecting the "central heating off" wire from terminal 2 and insulate it (eg Wago connector or choc block or similar) and tuck it out of...
Replies
Views
Thanks all for your comments, advice and suggestions. The following is probably pretty boring for most, and is simply a summary of how the job...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Gingerrubix, The fact that your previous Tenant replaced a faulty socket plate which he used for an external EV, raises an eyebrow. Also your...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Therein lies the problem. I see no merit in further circular debate, so will bow out of this discussion.
2 3
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

USA Electrical Advice

Welcome to the USA Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.

UK Electrical Forum

This is the main UK Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. Electrician Laws and Regulations related to Electrics and Electricals within the United Kingdom. Electrician talk, questions and answers can be found in our UK electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks