Anyone got any Megger probe tips? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Anyone got any Megger probe tips? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm down to my last megger probe tip, having lost 2 of them. I keep going on line to buy some, but they only come in a set which is around £50 and I only need one or 2 tips.

Does anyone have some floating around they don't use? Obviously happy to pay, including postage.

Also, I've always assumed that you can only use megger leads with a megger as they have that silly hump on them (so other brands don't fit). However, test-meter state that these can be used 3 Wire Test Lead Set for Multifunction Testers - TMTL3 - https://www.test-meter.co.uk/3-wire-test-lead-set-tmtl3?utm_source=google_shopping&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwmYCzBhA6EiwAxFwfgGMbLi3_p2_LjWfvJe18UdLcF4xEnPJHMZlL-7jdb2QWxWC5qQ4EMxoCYasQAvD_BwE

Can anyone confirm if they do fit as I don't always trust the guy behind the counter to get it right?

Edit!! I've discovered that any bloody leads fit into the actual megger unit, its just you cant use universal tips with the megger leads. I've found some spare leads, so I'm sorted!

Mods.. you can delete this thread if you want.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Anyone got any Megger probe tips?
    probe.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Edit!! I've discovered that any bloody leads fit into the actual megger unit, its just you cant use universal tips with the megger leads. I've found some spare leads, so I'm sorted!
Exactly - I've long abandoned Meggers own strange setup they ship with the 17 series, favouring simple compatibility with everything else that has 4mm sockets, like other clips, wander leads, EV testers etc

I always have a set of these kicking around as they make great spares, working as plugs and probes in one.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I might have some. Will check in the store later for you.
Wasn't it you that gave me the spike kit Richy? Honestly, please don't go and check. I've discovered that normal leads fit in the actual unit. Thankyou though :)

Wasn't it you that gave me the spike kit Richy? Honestly, please don't go and check. I've discovered that normal leads fit in the actual unit. Thankyou though :)
Yes that was me.
If you change your mind give me a shout and I’ll sort something out for you 👍

Reply to Anyone got any Megger probe tips? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net