Appliance Guarantees - whose responsibility | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Appliance Guarantees - whose responsibility in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good morning,

another daft question in my capacity as the company pen pusher.

When we install appliances that come with guarantees that need to be "registered within 90 days" etc. Who should do that when your dealing with rentals? Do we leave them with the tenants? Give them to landlords/letting agencies, what's best practise?

I'm reading this and it seems so silly but what do you do?

You hand it over to your customer, so the landlord or their agent.
As above, The person ordering the work should receive a copy of the paperwork that you provide.

If you are supplying and installing the appliance then in my opinion leaving a full pack of the paperwork supplied with the equipment on site would be how I would be doing it.
same if they supplied the equipment and it was delivered before your visit. unpack it, install it and leave the instructions and any other things supplied with the machine on site.

assuming that you have supplied and installed it, then your warranty should not be any more than the statutory requirements, any extended warranty from the manufacturer is optional and if the customer wants it then they have to apply for it.

Reply to Appliance Guarantees - whose responsibility in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net