Appliance Inlet standard proctice. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Appliance Inlet standard proctice. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

CanaDon

I am working on the power system for some mobile equipment that has some on-board 110VAC lighting and sockets. The customer wants to have an appliance inlet mounted on the machine and a utilities umbilical fixed to stationary equipment.

I had thought that we could use something like the GeWiss GW61445 on the machine and the customer could plug the power supply into that but after reading 60204-1 I am not sure that we can do that. Does anyone have experience with a similar application?

13.4.5C [FONT=&quot]Where the plug/socket combination is rated at 30 A, or greater, it shall be interlocked with a switching device so that the connection and disconnection is possible only when the switching device is in the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OFF position.[/FONT]

You could look at a system with a pilot core to prevent the umbilical lead being left live while disconnected from the machine. Or a fixed umbilical on the machine, which can be reeled in when not in use (no need for a pilot). A positive change over on the machine is a must. Locking sockets should be used.

I’ve not worked on mobile plant with set up’s like this for many years. Then it was a little bit different. It could supply 440V power to the mobile workshop. The machine it’s self was supplied at 3.3KV.

View attachment 5704

all 3ph sockets that ive ever installed have had an interlock with the isolator, so that the isolator has to be in the off position, before a plug can be inserted or removed.

Reply to Appliance Inlet standard proctice. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net