Currently reading:
Appliance power problem

Discuss Appliance power problem in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SCar24

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a garage door opener that is acting a bit weird and was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on why this is happening?

Liftmaster garage door opener has a power board(WZA27289) that supplies power to the transformer. The problem is that sometimes when it is plugged into the mains the opener does not come to life, but if I take the plug out and in again a couple of times it lights up. So if for instance there is a power outage, the opener might not work, but after doing the unplug/plug in routine it starts working again.
Have checked the board for physical damage, but it looks fine.

What could be the cause of this behaviour?

Cheers,
Sean

Thanks for all your great responses and advise here guys, this is turning into a challenge now to see if I can find the fault:) If it goes to h*** then there's always Avo Mk8's tip with the replacement board.
There is a UK company selling them as well, but I was sceptical that they might be pricy - worth asking maybe?

Fair enough. You win

But whenever someone next brings me something to repair that's a few years old I will check the caps with my trusty old ESR meter and no doubt find a couple of duff ones.
As long as the capacitor is an electrolytic and isn't of too low a value :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Appliance power problem in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock