Apprentices - Do you or don't you? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Apprentices - Do you or don't you? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

millwall ken

Hi all, Can someone please tell what the law is, in regards to taking on a 17 year old apprentice? Or direct me to a relevant post on this forum or Government body. Cheers

here

here

jtl

jtl may be worth a chat with. with the amount they have on the books. also ring your local college that does the nvq 2356 / 2357 and they will be able to find you one if needs be

Once again, cheers fellas. A good pal of mine is looking to take on a lad of one of our drinking buddies, but has been reluctant to because of all the H&S rules, and vetting checks etc. Especially as my pal wasn't exactly a role model when he was young himself. I've tried to point him in the direction of this forum but he reckons that he just ain't got around to registering yet.
Hey moderators, if I get him signed up do I get a £10 voucher or something?

Once again, cheers fellas. A good pal of mine is looking to take on a lad of one of our drinking buddies, but has been reluctant to because of all the H&S rules, and vetting checks etc. Especially as my pal wasn't exactly a role model when he was young himself. I've tried to point him in the direction of this forum but he reckons that he just ain't got around to registering yet.
Hey moderators, if I get him signed up do I get a £10 voucher or something?

LOL! Best information anywhere and they want free vouchers......

Hope the info was a help to him mate.

LOL! Best information anywhere and they want free vouchers......

Hope the info was a help to him mate.

Chances bloody are Bill, by the time he gets around to actually reading it it will probably be out of date!!! If I had regular work, and had a bit more experience as a sparkie, as opposed to being a mate, I'd take him on myself. He's a cleaver lad, who has wanted to be a sparkie for ages. So different from most kids these days, who want to be either a DJ, footballer or wag.
If my mate gets off of his a*** and sets the wheels in motion, then they would make a blinding pair.
I'd work with my mate paul anytime, I just wouldn't work for him again. He's an out and out perfectionist, and a pain to work for - in my opinion. But what he couldn't teach an intelligent eager apprentice...

Chances bloody are Bill, by the time he gets around to actually reading it it will probably be out of date!!! If I had regular work, and had a bit more experience as a sparkie, as opposed to being a mate, I'd take him on myself. He's a cleaver lad, who has wanted to be a sparkie for ages. So different from most kids these days, who want to be either a DJ, footballer or wag.
If my mate gets off of his a*** and sets the wheels in motion, then they would make a blinding pair.
I'd work with my mate paul anytime, I just wouldn't work for him again. He's an out and out perfectionist, and a pain to work for - in my opinion. But what he couldn't teach an intelligent eager apprentice...

So much the way these days mate.

So many lads and lasses that aren't taught to give a damn in the first place, and so many decent trade guys just so fed up with getting lads (and lasses) that can't even put two mumbled words together, they've given up on the whole idea.

IMO, mate, it comes down to two things we get wrong in this country - family (by which I mean family doing stuff together and teaching kids values), and education - it's way out of date and mostly not relevant to the world we live in (not to mention it doesn't actually teach kids much of anything any more).

When I was at school, they weren't afraid to tell us kids we had it wrong, be it a lesson or attitude - we'd get caned over the silliest things (well, silly to us) - I never went round smoking drugs, knifing old ladies, and "dissing" everyone mate. I got off my arse and got a job.

Funny how that doesn't happen any more.

Reply to Apprentices - Do you or don't you? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net