assessment on garage installation | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss assessment on garage installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

darren1981

Hi guys.

I am in the process of applying for eleca registration and I am planning to wire my new detached garage up.
I know this seems to be a common question but there are so many answers out there I thought it would be helpful for me to start from the beginning . My supply is pme aburied underground via a existing power to the garage via a 2.5mm 3 core swa cable which supplied the old shed that I removed this is burried under ground to the house cu and connected to a 20a rcbo.
but it relied on the 3rd core and armor for earth which is not to regs.
my first questions is can i use this existing cable and install a tt earthing system for the garage I've work out that after v drop the cable will take 26amps and the cable has been tested and shows no sign of any problems .
2nd if that comply s and I can get a good test result from a earth rod (or 2) terminate the swa in a plastic main switch housing commenting the 3rd core and armour together and connecting L&N through it to a 2 way cu with a rcd 1x 16 a powerful circuit (2 socket outlets ) and 1x 6 a lighting (4 florescent luminaries) the garage has no gas or water pipes and I will be bonding and extreneous conductive parts.
Dose this sound right thanks in advance for and help and advic

What is all this talk of exporting PME?????

Having read through this, Im dumbfounded that regular members as well as newbies are using this terminology... you cannot export the PME, you would need special permissions from the DNO to do so and doubt 99% of members on here would ever need to do so.

What you are allowed to do is to 'extend the equipotential zone' from a PME cutout.. your wiring method if you are going to use supply terminology would be TNS to the garage from a PME incomer.

Please stop using this totally incorrect term'.... its a massive reflection on the failure of education when we keep seeing this error in many threads by trainee's and practicing Electricians..
.YOU ARE NOT EXPORTING OR EVER WILL EXPORT A PME!!!

Reply to assessment on garage installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net