Attempted break in to my van ! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Attempted break in to my van ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Been out and about all evening in the car came back home around half past eleven got stuck into some invoices and minor works Certs gets a knock on the door.
One of our neighbours spotted a gang of lads around the van shining a torch inside and then trying to force the back doors they then ran off when disturbed by my neighbour !
the back door handle and lock ( 11 plate vauxhall combo ) they have tried to wrench out I'm not sure how much it's going to cost to repair.
Best part of it is we called the police as soon as we investigated what had been done and they where not interested in sending anybody out, I'm mean there's bound to be some evidence on the back door even I could see the finger marks !
apparently they are going to telephone us in the morning, well that's no bloody good in my opinion.
I suffer with stress and anxiety at the best of times and this hasn't helped me one bit, can't sleep that's why I'm typing at this hour

In some countrys in the middle east if you are caught stealing and convicted, you will be missing a hand or two!
A good few years back a lad was caught trying to steal a car from an area just outside Belfast and they nailed him to a fence!

Stealing tools is stealing the bread out of your mouth thing is you would be better depersonalise your van ie having Joe Bloggs Electrics on the side is an invitation to break in cos there could be something worthwhile

Sorry to hear about this buddy. From my experience thr cops are a waste of space these days - if it interputs their tea break or too much paperwork involved they cba. Just gonna have to be thankful nothing was taken mate. Dont get ureself worked up over scumbags.

Hope the repair costs arent too bad. As said above, get extra locks buddy. Mark.

Did the police give you a Crime Reference Number (I think its called this) when you rang up? Usually they will not follow anything up unless they give you one of these, also the insurance people usually ask for one. If they havent then ring them up again and ask for one... might get things moving more.
As for the police, I cant slag them off as we had our car broke into and they had the people round checking for finger prints.

Not worth claiming on insurance for a busted door handle that's the problem. Got my car broke into a few years ago now, police wouldn't come round then either. Insurance and police both a waste of time for this sort of thing unfortunately. Daz

The perfect excuse to buy an inverter it can be used to charge my drill on the move and then power the in van "security" system !

Luckly the damage wasn't too bad it was mainly cosmetic which still upsets me as the vans not even two year old yet and before this didn't have a scratch on it !

Reply to Attempted break in to my van ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net