Attempted break in to my van ! | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Attempted break in to my van ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Been out and about all evening in the car came back home around half past eleven got stuck into some invoices and minor works Certs gets a knock on the door.
One of our neighbours spotted a gang of lads around the van shining a torch inside and then trying to force the back doors they then ran off when disturbed by my neighbour !
the back door handle and lock ( 11 plate vauxhall combo ) they have tried to wrench out I'm not sure how much it's going to cost to repair.
Best part of it is we called the police as soon as we investigated what had been done and they where not interested in sending anybody out, I'm mean there's bound to be some evidence on the back door even I could see the finger marks !
apparently they are going to telephone us in the morning, well that's no bloody good in my opinion.
I suffer with stress and anxiety at the best of times and this hasn't helped me one bit, can't sleep that's why I'm typing at this hour

there was this 30 stone ball called john....
john was a joiner.
anyway, this one day he went to orange shed for some stuff....and as soon as he`d got into the store these gypsies pulled up next to his van with their own....
and quickly transfered about £15,000 worth of saws and tools off....
they must have been spying on him trying to get out of his van without falling out...lol...
realising they had enough time to chore all the stuff as he cant run...and it takes him an age to even walk far...
poor sod..

I've seen vans left for 5 minutes and come out to find van vaults cut open.

Some of these scum bags are seriously equipped.

I worked on a site where they did 10 vans in a row. Some brand new vans and quite a few had site boxes.
All empty!

I chain the back doors shut.

I heard about a site where 2 guys walked on and lifted a generator.....somebody shouted Oi!!! and one of them just turned round and snarled eff n back off pal or al burst you, at which point the site manager told the worker to let it go, as the 2 were from a gang of local drug dealing street urchins...and would have had him kicked inside out....

That's what there is these days......maybe the generator could have been live by accident and not to have a cut off, by accident, and the people stealing it could have got a pasting, by accident.....then the thieves would have to think about bad health and safety practice before touching things.......after all no site induction and all that.....just site "inductance"...hahaha haha haha haha a a ha haha...

oh what's that, you have just had your site induction(s) haha haha

Had a guy try to climb in to my van as I was getting out of it one afternoon many years ago and said my boss wouldn't mind if he nicked something told him I'd had a word with my boss and he did mind told him I'd get my comb and part his head if he didn't (insert appropriate words) and leave my vehicle alone. My comb was a 4ft wrecking bar kept just in front of the drivers seat

Police are becoming reluctant to give crime reference numbers as they have to record a crime that is not going to be solved and it screws their stats up so make sure you get one when you report a crime also worth getting them to confirm by text or email

And if you are dealing with West Mercia police in Shropshire from past experience they are a waste of time and effort responded to a reported accident where we suspected that the drivers had been drinking 15 hours after we rang them have rung them on other occasions reporting various incidents and been told what are you ringing us for

I'm looking in to fitting a GSM alarm module linked to the alarm to send me a text if some one attempts to break in to my vehicle might stand a chance of them receiving some proper punishment

We should bring back the 'STOCKS' I'd pay a £10 to throw some S&£& at a car thief, whos been caught ,the money could go to victims and good all round family entertainment .....
If he did it again we could just set fire too them !!!!!

Reply to Attempted break in to my van ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net