Auger motor - apply load 0 volts????? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Auger motor - apply load 0 volts????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

poorfish

Good evening folks
A great forum full of information. I'm not much of a contributor but love dipping in now and again to search for answers to problems I may have.

Currently I am installing a Viessmann Vitoligno 300p biomass boiler.
Quite straight forward really....lots of plug and play.
The problem I am having is with a feed to an auger.
It's situated abut 15 metres away from the boiler.
At the plug for it at the boiler I get a reading of 230 v.
At 15 m point I can get a reading of 180v.MOTOR NOT CONNECTED.
When I connect to the motor (90w) the voltage then drops to 0v.
When I connect a dedicated 230v supply (by passing boiler) the auger runs.
Have tried changing cable ----no difference .
Have tried different sizes of cable ....slight/no difference.
Have checked polarity s, continuity, ir , broken neutrals ,earths.....nothing.
The veissmann tech guy has been out and can't find the prob.
He even changed part of the control panel.
I'm pretty stumped really.
A few people have mentioned that it seems like an internal relay or something which is not making a good contact.

Any way I really appreciate anyone having a look at this post

All the best

P

Evening all thanks for all of your input.
had Veismann out this morning and after a few hours of trying this and that it transpires that it was a couple of settings on the control panel after all.
had a feeling it would be something simple in the end. Part of me was a bit disappointed after all that .

Reply to Auger motor - apply load 0 volts????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net