Awkward Heating System | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Awkward Heating System in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparkysteve82

Can anyone give me a bit of advice on this please,

On an extension the original house has a Y-plan system installed and there are two new zones for wet system ufh being installed, however the new boiler (ehc eco-save) which is a combi and feeding the DHW and CH through a 3-port valve, only has volt free contacts, have been told off tech support that I will need a relay to convert switch lives into correct voltage for volt free contacts, do not have a great deal of experience with relays, any advice would be appreciated.

The ufh has been taken off before 3 port valve, will this need to be changed for two 2-port valves??

Steve

Hi Boiler cannot be a combi as you say it is Y PLAN. Does your underfloor heating have its own TRVs and pump connected into its own wiring centre and 2 way port valve in the airing cupboard if so when you connect the underfloor you switch line from your wiring centre connects to your pump and the brown wire to you 2 port valve. The orange from same valve can connect to the orange of your 3 port valve this should be connected to your boiler switch line to fire up the boiler thats all there is to it. If you are changing to an S plan system 2 x 2 port vaves then still all oranges go to gether only brown wires are are connected to each part of that system room stat cylinder stat underfloor heating.

Last edited:
Grey makes to orange inside the zone valve, can't see it being a problem using these as the volt free switch so long as the thermostat is giving the brown 230v when calling for heat. Would check with a meter that there is no cross wiring inside the valve. What make valves are they?

Reply to Awkward Heating System in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net