Currently reading:
Banging on mains water pipe, could an issue with the water mains cause it? Discussion Thread

Discuss Banging on mains water pipe, could an issue with the water mains cause it? Discussion Thread in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is an RSS feed of thread: Banging on mains water pipe, could an issue with the water mains cause it?

Content of the thread: Hi everyone, for the last few months ive had a random banging on the mains water pipe. This happens when nothing is being used, no taps, no washer, no toilet flush no boiler etc. Just a random banging and i can feel it vibrate allway through to mains pipe on the boiler.

If i listen carefully it sounds As if water is coming through and then suddenly being turned off and thats is causing the banging. Me and my neighbour have a shared water mains stopcock on the street. Could this be a potential issue?

I dont have a tank in the loft or a faulty boiler. Tried a shock arrestor but that hasnt solved the issue.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Banging on mains water pipe, could an issue with the water mains cause it? to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Banging on mains water pipe, could an issue with the water mains cause it? Discussion Thread in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock