Bathroom fan isolation | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Bathroom fan isolation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

smiffy911

Without digging out my O.S.G am I right in thinking no triple pole isolation switch is required if there is a window in the bathroom thus lighting circuit can be isolated for fan maintainance.

if fan instructions ask for 3 amp fuse and you dont fit, then if there is an issue with fan overhating and subsequent fire then said spark is liable if proven by insurance assesors. In my eyes only way to do it is to isolate bathroom lighting with switch fuse spur.

thoughts please

I think you are referring to if the fan stalls then there is a chance of overheating no through normal operation, this subject has been discussed to death before but vent axia range are now internally fused so no need for fused spur just triple pole isolator

I think you are referring to if the fan stalls then there is a chance of overheating no through normal operation, this subject has been discussed to death before but vent axia range are now internally fused so no need for fused spur just triple pole isolator

i fitted a fan a couple of weeks ago that asked for 6a. It was a retrospective fot so the extra cost outweighed the hassle of fitting spur. . .

Reply to Bathroom fan isolation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Typical! If they've used plasterboard screws in a bathroom they'll fail anyway they're not meant for wet areas. So I bet the wrong adhesive was...
    • Winner
Replies
Views
Not to mention welding switch contacts together and wondering why when they thought they had got the wiring sussed the light will still not switch...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It would normally be the outer terminals where the flex of the pendant drop connect.
Replies
Views
  • Question
I recommend the Manrose Humidistat timer: Humidity Sensors for fans -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ouch. Danger notice to customer in my book.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks