Bonding Gas Pipe | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Bonding Gas Pipe in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SKY

Got a CU change to do on a family members house. and hope to use this install at part of my Elecsa assessment

I don't think that the gas pipe is bonded at the moment but it will be a right pain running some a cable to it as its the other side of the house.

The main water bond will be fine, i'm assuming that I can't take from a water pipe colse the the gas pipe and cross bond between water and gas pipe?

Thanks In advance

I was told in college that u can take it separate runs or a continuous loo
is that one of those that won't stop flushing?

continuous as in unbroken at first position. so as by undoing the connection, the bond to the other service isn't lost,

Last edited:
page 39 GN8, it can be either, the point (I think) is, if you use a continuous bond from one to 'tuther, it should be continuous, because if it's a series of 'bits' of cable then there's the opportunity for the extraneous parts further down the line to become unbonded.

But you can also run separate bonds from the MET, to each service. So if one of them becomes damaged or broken, it is only affecting one bond.

Reply to Bonding Gas Pipe in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I like your way of thinking.
Replies
Views
loz2754
L
Indeed it would be. But that would mean having 2 things to disconnect instead of one. More margin for error. Of course, any diligent spark would...
Replies
Views
loz2754
L
  • Article
This is an RSS feed of thread: Gas or Water Pipe? Look to find cause of damp in wall. Content of the thread: Hi all, First time post so please...
Replies
Views
Thanks all for your comments, advice and suggestions. The following is probably pretty boring for most, and is simply a summary of how the job...
Replies
Views
`Just wasted an hour doing the same, and came to the same conclusions. 600mm is only mentioned in respect of gas meters from the 14th on, and is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks