Breaking down three phase | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Breaking down three phase in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

if you get the phase wrong tpo a motor circuit then the motor will spin in the wrong direction, causing a potential dangerous situation if the motor is not protected by some device that detects phase sequence error.

I’m just curious, how did we get to phase rotation when we started with three single-phase sockets?
OK they are on separate phases but just where does rotation come in to it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was adding some comment in response to some statements and questions on page 1 of this thread. We have moved on since then and I probably should have included a quote.

Its all useful chit chat chaps. If i were to ask your opinions on pickled onions at this point tho...we may have gone off topic a little.

Oh i didnt have a job i needed to do which required breaking three phase down i just like to understand. I usually spend my morning coffee thinking over things that im not so sure about and harrass people here to give me answers. I work on an industrial premisis and am responsible for the general maintenance of the 5 warehouses, so i just like to be aware.

I dont touch three phase stuff for now due to my obvious lack of understanding so until i feel competent enough to do so im just trying to absorb knowledge.

Reply to Breaking down three phase in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Agree with Dave disconnect unused Phases on the outgoing side of the isolator. No reason to replace mcbs with single pole, unless you need room...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you for the advice; I did figure it would be in the realms of discovering, say, a 10mm earth cable in a property, and having no more...
Replies
Views
That won't solve the problem, you have a TNCS supply with a Ze which has gone out of spec for an unknown reason. You need to get the DNO or...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
Why not fit a self contained SPD fed directly from the Henley blocks, and free up a bay? Could probably make one up from whats there, using a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You will need to now if there is start up current on the equipment. To choose what type of mcb / rcbo B C or D .Also Just wondering if 16amp...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks