Bundy makes the Rolls Royce of temp site boards ... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Bundy makes the Rolls Royce of temp site boards ... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score

(In the old days we would just lop off the plug top of a 4 way extension lead and wire the flex straight into the meter for a temp site hook up)

Certainly more professional than giving the tails a hair cut and putting them into a twin socket!
See that done quite a few times , old dusty metal clad double socket , tails shoved through a 20mm hole (no grommet) and cores trimmed to fit in the terminals

It comes to something when people feel the need to make a video of "How to build a temp board", that video was more like a practical exercise from when I was at college

Aside from the total overkill of 25mm² tails for 3 twin sockets I don't see that lasting more than a handful jobs once it has been thrown in the van a few times with all that breakable plastic

What's wrong with my twin metalclad RCD socket complete with a 20mm gland and 2.5mm 3 core HO7 flex - it connects into meters or 100a blocks very easily. Only used for CU changes to keep customers fridges/freezers powered up - which also translates as the kettle. 🤣
Reminds me of a rewire I did about 10 years back, a couple of days before I was due to start the customer calls me to ask whether any of the sockets would be on while I was doing the work I told him there would always be at least one working socket he replied with how can you be so sure my reply was every job needs somewhere to plug the kettle in

It comes to something when people feel the need to make a video of "How to build a temp board", that video was more like a practical exercise from when I was at college

Aside from the total overkill of 25mm² tails for 3 twin sockets I don't see that lasting more than a handful jobs once it has been thrown in the van a few times with all that breakable plastic
I agree... I think the main purpose of the video was to produce another video ! It can't be easy to invent new topics to keep a YouTube channel running and maintain subscribers/income.

I just looked, and as of just now, that site board video had 20k views... at between $7-15 per 1k views (average Youtube rates ?) that's somewhere between £100 and £220 he's earned already... and it's only been out for a few days.

It’s a job for the new apprentice.
Not really it opens the door for Tom dick or Harry think I can do that a non dip stick DIYer to have a crack at. Eleckdickertry is a dark work of heart. With a magic screwdriver we make things work and put back to gather thing peaple make a cock up of, the cretins that go on flootube should not give all the game away, send me a tool and will show you how to use it. It would be diffrant showing how to pleel a banana.

It would be diffrant showing how to pleel a banana.
But which way do you peel a banana? We have actualy had this come up in work. Most of us start at the stalk end but one guy insists thats wrong and peels from the other end. Buzz, I think you should do a video explaining banana peeling.

But which way do you peel a banana? We have actualy had this come up in work. Most of us start at the stalk end but one guy insists thats wrong and peels from the other end. Buzz, I think you should do a video explaining banana peeling.
Have they made a Knipex Ergostrip for a banana yet?

I only recently learned that bananas could be peeled from, what I considered to be, the wrong end.

People from countries where bananas grow, would laugh at most of us.

I could probably do a video on ripening bananas and some other fruits or how some fruits will ripen other fruits or how to stop potatoes and onions sprouting

Reply to Bundy makes the Rolls Royce of temp site boards ... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net