Bundy makes the Rolls Royce of temp site boards ... | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Bundy makes the Rolls Royce of temp site boards ... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score

(In the old days we would just lop off the plug top of a 4 way extension lead and wire the flex straight into the meter for a temp site hook up)

Certainly more professional than giving the tails a hair cut and putting them into a twin socket!
See that done quite a few times , old dusty metal clad double socket , tails shoved through a 20mm hole (no grommet) and cores trimmed to fit in the terminals

It comes to something when people feel the need to make a video of "How to build a temp board", that video was more like a practical exercise from when I was at college

Aside from the total overkill of 25mm² tails for 3 twin sockets I don't see that lasting more than a handful jobs once it has been thrown in the van a few times with all that breakable plastic

What's wrong with my twin metalclad RCD socket complete with a 20mm gland and 2.5mm 3 core HO7 flex - it connects into meters or 100a blocks very easily. Only used for CU changes to keep customers fridges/freezers powered up - which also translates as the kettle. 🤣
Reminds me of a rewire I did about 10 years back, a couple of days before I was due to start the customer calls me to ask whether any of the sockets would be on while I was doing the work I told him there would always be at least one working socket he replied with how can you be so sure my reply was every job needs somewhere to plug the kettle in

Reply to Bundy makes the Rolls Royce of temp site boards ... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net