c/u change | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss c/u change in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

markb

When changing an old fuse board to new c/u would this be ticked off as a alteration or addition to an existing installation

Just a quickie on rewieable fuse boards...
if you need to do work on a wiring sytem that has a reweable can you leave that old board in or does it have to be updated? or it it just a recommendation?

I think its a recommendation as just because it doesnt meet current regs it did at time when it was installed. Still life in them old dogs yet but recommend an upgrade

Just a quickie on rewieable fuse boards...
if you need to do work on a wiring sytem that has a reweable can you leave that old board in or does it have to be updated? or it it just a recommendation?

Yes you can leave the old board in, but you must ensure that any work you do is to latest regs i.e if you are installing lets say some additional sockets in a bedroom you will have to provide RCD protection to the new part or all of that circuit. The easiest way would to be remove that circuit from the old board and fit something like a garage c/u with RCD main switch., but given that a 10 way dual RCD board is not much more expensive then a full upgrade would be the best recommendation, and i also agree that it is an alteration, as it would be with a c/u upgrade.

Cheers............Howard

Reply to c/u change in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net