C/U change | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss C/U change in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jenions

got a C/U change to do but got a quick Q. is there any regs that say you must have seperate lighting circuits or can they be on 1 breaker? and how do i find out who the DNO is ive neva had to ring them before but as its 4 my nic assessment im gona

Section 314 requires us to divide istallations into circuits for a number of reasons.
It doesn't specifically state that lighting circuits should be on a separate breaker, but in many cases it would be more compliant to do so.
I can't help you with the DNO question.

its not that im trying to take short cuts, i just werent sure if it was needed. i know in an ideal world it should be done but its gona be awkward as hell to do as the customer doest want any decorating damaged nor are they keen on surface trunking so wanted to know if there was a way around it

If your just changing the cu not rewiring then so long as the existing circuits are in satisfactory condition it shouldnt be a problem most 2up 2downs used to be wired with just one ltg circuit

Reply to C/U change in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
UPDATE, after contacting Paypal, uploading all the emails and evidence the sending the transformer back I have now received a full refund...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Youre in the same boat as me. I was previously with niceic and later on, napit. No issues. I didn't bother finishing my nvq3 as in 2010 during the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am missing something important and I have no idea what. This cct is working fine in Sim. But in Reality is working with errors. Some other...
Replies
Views
Good advice...get familiar with the course as the books, videos are out there... Had to build a board with sockets, lighting to practice at...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I can see no reason why you should have any issue doing level 3 through C&G. While your level 2 was completed through a different training...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks