cable repearing in domestic | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss cable repearing in domestic in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mike Blair

Alright guys a friend of mine said he could hear banging sounds from his walls and his fuse blew ' 30amp...hes on rewireables' so I go round and everything is fine. I sit down In his front room having a little think and 5mins later i hear a slight sparking sound from the walls. Then huge arcy sparky sounds XD so I took there fuse out. Problem is there hole house is wired.....on one ring main.... So they have no sockets at all. Now I think the cable is behind skirting board so I think a mouse may of got to it as the little basteds have been causing them problems for last few weeks. I don't Like the idea of cutting the bad cable and using connector blocks everywhere but I can't exactly start running new runs of cable and bashing half the house up. They have no money for stuff like this and I'm doing it for free because he is my mate. There getting the house rewireed in about a year because my mates mom has lives there for 20years and problems only happening now and she wants a new board etc

If its a mates house or not bs 7671 has to be adheered too,! As said above fault find the damaged leg, dhudnt be too hard if u got idea where it is. Run new leg retest cicuit and reenergise.. Just cos its mate house doesnt mean u can take a easy repair option it could come back on you!!!

Reply to cable repearing in domestic in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net