cable selection | Page 6 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss cable selection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pepparz

what type of cable offers the best uv protection (not including swa)
Thanks.

Quite right too, i still do a 2 hour stint on the mats every week, but not nancey Judo mats!! lol!!

Nothing nancy about throwing a 100kg bloke over your shoulder whilst he's trying to do the same to you! Which are your flavour mats, then?

Isshin-ryu karate has been my flavour since the age of around 14. Kept training up when and wherever possible depending on where i was working. Bit like now, i use the facilities of (for want of a better name) a local Kung Fu DoJo. Actually i've picked up on a few decent moves at this club. Not really into competitive fighting tournaments anymore though...

Isshin-ryu karate has been my flavour since the age of around 14. Kept training up when and wherever possible depending on where i was working. Bit like now, i use the facilities of (for want of a better name) a local Kung Fu DoJo. Actually i've picked up on a few decent moves at this club. Not really into competitive fighting tournaments anymore though...

I did some Jujitsu when I was a teenager, but moved back into a Judo a good while ago. Nothing quite like it for an all round work-out. I've been off the competitions for a while due to injury and have just had three months off completely after shoulder surgery but got back on the mats in anger last night with a couple of GBR Masters Squad members as training partners....ouch!! My aim is to be competing again by the summer season. But the star of the family is my lad, he's an International ranking player and should be due for consideration for the 2020 Olympics team if he carries on as is. British Championships in 3 weeks - fingers crossed! But we're extremely lucky to have a very good Sensai - she's current European champion, current British champion in two weight groups and a former World champion (would be this year too but she's boycotting the Worlds' as they're in Abu Dhabi and she's a gay women......) - so when she speaks, we listen!!! Consequently, her clubs (we don't have a fixed dojo as such) attract a whole range of quality guest members so we regularly get to train with very top of the ladder players - line up can be a bit daunting some times!!!!!!!

I'll let you into a secret, 2 of my friends and i joined the club together at the same time. Both the Wado-ryu and the Judo Dojo's were in the same building. We were meant to join the JUDO club, (no one had ever heard of Wado-ryu at that time to be honest) but somewhere along the way we made a mistake and joined the kARATE club!! All looked the same to us!!...lol!!

Maybe you have heard of the owner and trainer of the main club (woodlane, Dagenham) i trained with, ...Tiky Donovan Just about anyone who's anyone in the martial arts game knows of Tiky. Founder of the Ishiniryu style... Probably the most decorated British world competitor and coach of the time, and i believe still going strong!! lol!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never met Tiky, but yes, know the name!

It's quite curious the difference between the two forms - yours fundamentally is about keeping at arms length (put simplistically, I know) whereas I've just spent time on the mats this morning training, trying (badly) to improve my speed of entry to be getting as close and cuddly as possible into Uki for combined hip/leg throws. It's a strange world! That being said, people also tend to forget that original Judo does also include various punches and kicks as it's origins are in Jujitsu and are still(ish) included if you do full kata, they're just excluded from standard grading syllabus and modern competition rules (along with a whole heap of other stuff), mostly for safety. So I just do boxercise/kickboxing once a week as well just to get it out my system!

BTW.....I think this probably counts as one of the more obscure thread hijacks on here for a while!

Reply to cable selection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net