cable span | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss cable span in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello would like a little advice re cable span. have a customer who has had a new shed built 1.5 ft away from detached garage. Garage has own supply circuit (2.5mm SWA via 16amp mcb main house C.U. RCD protected) intending to feed new shed from garage via SWA supported with conduit. My question is reguarding the span. i intend to span at 1.5 ft from the ground between garage and shed, but unsure as to weather this would breach regulations. To add there is obviously no access between the garage and shed.

any advice much appreciated

18" span, 18" up. call that a cable span?

this is a cable span:

[ElectriciansForums.net] cable span

Reply to cable span in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
What is the distance from the point outside the house to the shed?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Without specific information I could only a give belt and braces ‘cover all bases answer which will definitely be costing you considerably more...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why would the RCD fail … yes it can happen but then it may not. Without it you have no protection on the TT System
Replies
Views
  • Question
The original post could be clearer, but I believe you're essentially asking if the use of a lower rated rcbo would prevent tripping of an upstream...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
  • Question
That was my saying not long ago about TNS to PME system. I would be nice you can ring up the DNO, will the systems being up graded, there is a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks