can domestic electrician certify shops ? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss can domestic electrician certify shops ? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Scorpion90

hi i have just got registered with nic. my question is ,can i certify small shops with no flat above (single phase).?? thanks

When you say 'domestic electrician' do you mean an electrician who just does domestic, or do you mean a domestic installer (DI).
A domestic installer just does domestic properties - houses and that. Not commercial or industrial.

hi i have just got registered with nic. my question is ,can i certify small shops with no flat above (single phase).?? thanks
As a Domestic installer you will have access to NICEIC Domestic installer certificates, to issue a commercial/industrial EIC you will need to be an approved contractor, if you try to buy those certificates from the NICEIC you will find they won't let you purchase them, so you can certify what you like, but it won't be with proper EIC forms from the NICEIC, it will be their green versions.

He means he's a five week chancer. A wannabe electrician. Someone who's gone to college for five weeks and genuinely believes in his head that he is competent to go around A. messing with something he doesn't understand, and B. Charging people for the privelidge!

Sorry pal, but welcome to the real world. You've been sold a lie I'm afraid.

That's taken a fair while. I’ve just been looking at your previous lamentable posts.

Yet another Electrical Trainee on the loose.

Just had a look myself !!!!!! :rolleyes4:

What have you registered with NIC as Domestic Installer or Approved Contractor

I think you need to answer the question you have asked yourself from your posts to date do you think you have sufficient knowledge and experience to competently carry out the work you propose rather than asking the members of this forum as you are registered with the NIC why not ask them

He means he's a five week chancer. A wannabe electrician. Someone who's gone to college for five weeks and genuinely believes in his head that he is competent to go around A. messing with something he doesn't understand, and B. Charging people for the privelidge!

Sorry pal, but welcome to the real world. You've been sold a lie I'm afraid.

I don't think you can call a training centre a ''college'', ...not by any stretch of the imagination!! ...lol!!

This is the problem with these people that think they are competent, they don't even stick to the domestic sector that they were improperly trained for. ...Now they think they can expand into other sectors where there is no legislation to talk of!!!

I don't think you can call a training centre a ''college'', ...not by any stretch of the imagination!! ...lol!!

This is the problem with these people that think they are competent, they don't even stick to the domestic sector that they were improperly trained for. ...Now they think they can expand into other sectors where there is no legislation to talk of!!!

Well said Eng, I think this is the main problem with the schemes, they create so called electricians and they get over confident, it is very worrying.

As UNG has said the issue is knowledge and experience which equals competency,anyone can sign an inspection report even if they are not qualified PROVIDING and here's the legal bit "that the person doing so is competent to do so" in other words that you have the knowledge and experience to A) understand the systems you are working on,B)carry out the correct procedures related to inspection and test and C) be capable of correctly identifiying any issues that may be present.
A relevent qualification does help but experience is the key!

thanks for your answers... the thing is i m not asking you how to wire....u dont know how competed i m ..and how experienced im.. i m only asking for paper works .. mr. smart.

Ah but unfortunately we DO, if you are a 17 day whizz kidd or a Electrical Trainee!!!....
We don't need to be too smart to know that!! lol!!

You're spelling/grammar etc could do with a bit of improvement too!!

thanks for your answers... the thing is i m not asking you how to wire....u dont know how competed i m ..and how experienced im.. i m only asking for paper works .. mr. smart.

The answer to your question does not lay in paperwork, it lays with competency.
How about you detail your experience and qualifications to help us with that.

You're spelling/grammar etc could do with a bit of improvement too!!

I used to get so hacked off with the fact that a majority of the first year of my apprenticeship was spent completing 'Key Skills' at the age of 24 - that is basic Maths, English and IT competence exams and coursework. Now I understand how important these skills are and why it took longer to complete the modules than it would take me to sign up to a 17 day course and graduate as an electrician!

Scorpion, i am also a 'wannabe electrician' (thankyou Mr DS :smile:) i.e a domestic Installer and my tutor made it very clear to me that my remit is solely domestic premises. I think it is very important for people like us to know our limitations, we should not be going any where near industrial or commercial premises, regardless of what we think our capabilities are.

Scorpion, i am also a 'wannabe electrician' (thankyou Mr DS :smile:) i.e a domestic Installer and my tutor made it very clear to me that my remit is solely domestic premises. I think it is very important for people like us to know our limitations, we should not be going any where near industrial or commercial premises, regardless of what we think our capabilities are.
never a truer word was spoken,I know you've had a bit of stick on here in the past,BUT in my opinion a lot of the issues people have with what have become known as Electrical Trainee is that once they have done their short course some of them think they can leap straight into any form of electrical work.Knowing your limitations is key.

I used to get so hacked off with the fact that a majority of the first year of my apprenticeship was spent completing 'Key Skills' at the age of 24 - that is basic Maths, English and IT competence exams and coursework. Now I understand how important these skills are and why it took longer to complete the modules than it would take me to sign up to a 17 day course and graduate as an electrician!

Things were much different in my day, to be offered an indentured apprenticeship with any decent company, you needed to have achieved a minimum standard of education, or successfully pass a company entry exam. That exam also covered the college's courses minimal entry requirements. Now day's any Tom Dick or Harry can take any course they take a fancy too, be they capable of of following and understanding the course work or not!!

Totally agree with Phil. Electrical Trainee or not, competency is all about knowing when you are out of your depth - the OP is clearly out of his depth, but he will no doubt end up completing work in this shop!

Totally agree with Phil. Electrical Trainee or not, competency is all about knowing when you are out of your depth - the OP is clearly out of his depth, but he will no doubt end up completing work in this shop!
Yes phil is speaking a lot of sence today, I have liked several of his posts, I bet after a few jars later it will be different lol, sorry phil hehe

That’s what worries me!

Pheasant season doesn’t start until the “glorious 12[SUP]th[/SUP]”, can we start the peasant (Electrical Trainee) season early?

PLEASE!

When you say 'domestic electrician' do you mean an electrician who just does domestic, or do you mean a domestic installer (DI).
A domestic installer just does domestic properties - houses and that. Not commercial or industrial.
Don't know about you Adam, but lots of folk on here will tell you there isn't such an animal as a DI, you either an Electrician or you aint me included.

Reply to can domestic electrician certify shops ? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net