can domestic electrician certify shops ? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss can domestic electrician certify shops ? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Scorpion90

hi i have just got registered with nic. my question is ,can i certify small shops with no flat above (single phase).?? thanks

Don't know about you Adam, but lots of folk on here will tell you there isn't such an animal as a DI, you either an Electrician or you aint me included.

Is it just another NICEIC thing so that they can get more money from people??...

Certification aside , if your competent and a properly qualified sparks then I would have thought this would not be a question anybody would be asking , forget the Domestic classification or whatever you seem fit to call yourself , nobody out there should be doing this work if there not properly qualified to do so ..

I would just like to point out to the holier than thou ive been an apprentice & gone to college for years (yes me as well) crowd...............just because your a DI (as in registered DI) it doesn't mean all are instantly a Electrical Trainee who knows **** all.

So how about not tagging 'DI' as a second rate term...before long it will be common practice & customers will view DI registered companies as potentially lesser qualified sparks.

I've not made the rules ....i just have to pay to abide by them.

So how about not tagging 'DI' as a second rate term...before long it will be common practice & customers will view DI registered companies as potentially lesser qualified sparks.

How can a domestic installer be rated anything other than 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] rate?

The DI only came in to existence to cope with the unskilled flood of people that now blight a once proud and skilled trade.

I would just like to point out to the holier than thou ive been an apprentice & gone to college for years (yes me as well) crowd...............just because your a DI (as in registered DI) it doesn't mean all are instantly a Electrical Trainee who knows **** all.

I've not made the rules ....i just have to pay to abide by them.

What is a registered DI please? Do you mean a person or company registered with the niceic domestic installer scheme? This is not the same as the 5wws who have been given the title of 'domestic installer' by some training bodger who ripped them off.

This whole idea of DIs is ridiculous, you still need the same skills and knowledge to do domestic, small commercial or even small industrial at times.

Ah but unfortunately we DO, if you are a 17 day whizz kidd or a Electrical Trainee!!!....
We don't need to be too smart to know that!! lol!!

You're spelling/grammar etc could do with a bit of improvement too!!

That apostrophe you stuck in the word "your" is an aberrant apostrophe - it is grammatically incorrect and shouldn't be in there unless you are using the "your" word as an abbreviation for "you are" in which case stick the apostrophe in. ;)

Reply to can domestic electrician certify shops ? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net