Ceiling wiring | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Ceiling wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I’m changing over my kitchen light fitting and come across this wiring. My new fitting is a standard 2 wire fitting so not earthed. How would I wire this up into a chocolate block do I just need the live and neutral and tape off the other brown?
Just the one light on ceiling.
Thank you in advance x
[ElectriciansForums.net] Ceiling  wiring

Last edited by a moderator:
Those colours do not comply to UK standards so probably should not be sold in this country. Does it indicate that the white is live?
What voltage is on that label?

looks like "110-240V"

its the standard loop-in or 3-plate wiring method.

Those browns in the middle terminal are live.... permanantly. They need to stay connected together, or all the rest of your downstairs lights will stop working.
The 2 blues together are neutral... same thing, keep these together.....
The single blue with brown sleeve is the switched live.... Do not mix up this blue with the other 2

looks like "110-240V"

its the standard loop-in or 3-plate wiring method.

Those browns in the middle terminal are live.... permanantly. They need to stay connected together, or all the rest of your downstairs lights will stop working.
The 2 blues together are neutral... same thing, keep these together.....
The single blue with brown sleeve is the switched live.... Do not mix up this blue with the other 2
Brilliant thank you so much for your help 😊 x

Reply to Ceiling wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net